WAG/Chunky Move Artist Residency
ATTN: QUICK RESPONSE OPPORTUNITY
Warrnambool Art Gallery (WAG) and Chunky Move are offering a two and a half week residency for one artist from 17 June to 2 July 2019.
We are seeking expressions of interest from practicing artists with a minimum of 3 years professional experience. Artists should have a demonstrated focus on research-led practice with performance as an underpinning aspect of their work.
Artists are encouraged to reflect on ideas and rationales for a project or research specific to the South Western Victorian locale. Artists whose practice engage with local community, or have a specific desire to engage with the Warrnambool community are encouraged to apply.
In consultation with the curatorial staff at WAG, the resident artist would be expected to develop varied public engagement outcomes as part of the residency. These may include an artist talk, public showing, performance or community workshop, or any combination of these.
AIMS OF RESIDENCY
- To engage people with contemporary art and performance across Warrnambool and Melbourne
- To provoke people into new ways of thinking about what movement is and the role of movement artists in society
- To form collaborative connections with dancers and non-dancers facilitated by the resident artist
The resident artist completes 1 week at Chunky Move (17 – 22 June 2019), and 1.5 weeks at Warrnambool Art Gallery (WAG) (24 June – 2 July 2019).
The resident artist develops work throughout the residency process, and shares these outcomes during and/or at the conclusion of the residency. The artist will receive a $3500 fee, exclusive access to studio space for the residency period at Chunky Move, and exclusive access to gallery space, plus travel and accommodation, for the period at WAG.
To apply for the WAG X Chunky Move Residency, complete the online form by clicking here.
Applications must include:
- A statement responding to the following questions (max. 600 words total)
- What would you like to explore throughout this residency? (max. 200 words)
- What do you seek to gain from partaking in this residency? (max. 200 words)
- How does your idea relate to rationales that might be specific to South Western Victoria? (max. 200 words)
- A biography (max. 150 words)
Applications must be received no later than 5pm on Tuesday 23 April 2019. The successful applicant will be notified by Tuesday 7 May 2019.
For more info about previous Artist in Residence outcomes at WAG click here.